Beat the winter blues by looking forward to spring! You can get a jump on your spring AC maintenance and ensure your HVAC system is ready to go when those warmer temperatures start rolling in. Taking care of your AC maintenance sooner rather than later can help you identify issues and resolve them faster and at a lower cost. Keep reading to learn about spring AC maintenance.
Why should you care about spring AC maintenance?
When the warmer months come around, nothing is better than turning on your AC and being met with cold air. There is also nothing more frustrating than turning your AC on when you need it most only for it to not work. Scheduling your AC maintenance earlier in the spring has plenty of benefits, including preventing costly repairs and hot indoor temperatures in the summer.
- Beat the rush: Summer months with the hottest temperatures are peak season for HVAC specialists. Getting an appointment can take longer and leave you suffering in the heat for days or weeks. Scheduling your AC maintenance early can help you beat the rush.
- Replace parts that are worn out: A complete inspection will include taking note of parts that are worn out. You can get these replaced quickly and have your HVAC system ready to go for the summer.
- Improve your AC’s efficiency: A skilled HVAC technician can make the necessary modifications to your system to keep it running smoothly. Catching these modifications early can provide increased efficiency for more months.
- Lower your energy bills: A more efficient air conditioning unit is a cheaper one. When your HVAC system is running efficiently, you can enjoy lower costs on energy.
- Better air quality: The air in your house is likely to get stuffy in the winter when you don’t open doors and windows as frequently. If your HVAC system is properly prepared for the spring and summer, you can have improved airflow and better air quality all season long.
- Longer life for your HVAC system: Regular maintenance keeps your HVAC system running at peak efficiently and quality parts ensure that everything works properly. Together, these benefits can extend the life of your air conditioner.
- Maintain your manufacturer warranty: Some manufacturers may void your warranty if you do not have regular HVAC maintenance. Your HVAC technician can ensure you are meeting the qualifications to maintain your warranty.
- Prepare for bigger issues: A spring AC maintenance appointment can alert you to bigger issues, giving you plenty of time to resolve them before the summer heat rolls in. Also, you can be better prepared if it is time to replace your HVAC system altogether.
What can you expect during a preventative AC maintenance appointment?
A regular spring AC maintenance appointment can last between 60 and 90 minutes, and includes a complete walkthrough of your system. A trained technician will inspect your HVAC system to ensure that all parts are in good condition and the system is ready to be used when the temperatures start to climb. They will alert you of any potential issues and provide ways to solve these problems quickly and efficiently.
What steps should you take right now?
A lot of homeowners are interested in DIY AC maintenance. However, the best course of action is to trust your HVAC system to certified technicians. You can prevent more costly issues and voiding your warranty by allowing a technician to inspect and maintain your air conditioner.
You can check your air filter each month and change it as necessary to keep your HVAC system running smoothly. You can also inspect your outdoor heat pump on a regular basis, and clear away any debris. Scheduling your spring AC maintenance appointment with Highwood Mechanical Contractors in Connecticut is the best course of action to prepare your HVAC system for the summer months.