When we compare both rooftop units and split systems, we are going to find some important benefits of these RTUs. They can be used perfectly for supporting your AC system. Here are some advantages that you will get from these units, for example
- Save space. Minimal to no parts are required to be placed inside your building
- Quiet for your building. All units will be placed on the rooftop. Therefore, they will never cause too much noises inside your building
- Easy to install. These rooftop units can be installed on the rooftop area of your building easily and efficiently by a trained staff like HMC.
- Installation costs. If you only have a limited budget for installing the best HVAC system for your building, you can consider having these rooftop units.
- Low maintenance requirements. This is another benefit that you will get from these rooftop units. They have fewer maintenance requirements compared to the other HVAC units.
Parts of the Rooftop HVAC Units
Most rooftop units usually come in a rectangular shape. All parts are assembled inside these units to be placed next to each other. Here are some important parts that you will find from these units.
a. The casing of the RTUs
The casing of the RTUs is commonly made from metal which can last for a long time. This material will have to withstand against any extreme weather and situations, such as snow, heavy rain, thunderstorm, etc.
b. Air hood
You will also notice an air hood that is located on the side of the unit. This part will allow air from the outside area to enter your building. The air will be cooled or warmed before it is distributed inside the building.
c. Dampers, Filters, and Coils
These are some of the most important parts of the rooftop units. The dampers will pass the air for going to the rotating metal sheets. This system will prevent air from escaping. Then, the air will be passed through the filters and coils. It will transfer the thermal energy from the system to the air and vice versa.
You will find this part inside all rooftop units. This fan will pull the air into the system for the first time. Then, it will push the treated air to the ductwork to be delivered to all parts of your commercial space.
How Rooftop Units Work
How RTUs Remove Heat
First, the system will deliver the cool and low-pressure refrigerant gas to enter the compressor. This unit will compress the hot air and flow it to the condenser coil. In this system, there are some metal fins that are available on the coil. These metal fins will absorb the heat and remove heat immediately. The condenser fan will blow away the exhaust from the building.
How RTUs Heat Air
When you need to get warm air inside your building, these Rooftop Units will perform perfectly. The system will pull the cool air from the outside. It will flow the cool air through the gas heat exchanger which will act similarly as a furnace. In this gas exchanger, the system will increase the temperature of the gas. After the air temperature is raised a few degrees, it will be transferred to your building.
Installing Rooftop Units (RTUs) can bring a lot of benefits for you as the building owner. It is a good idea for you to hire the best mechanics who have a lot of experience in this HVAC area. Highwood Mechanical Contractors, Inc. can be a perfect choice for you. Talk to our experts today!